Restaurant General Manager (RGM) SUPERVISOR(S):
Area Coach (AC), Market Manager JOB SCOPE:
The RGM will manage a $500,000 - $2,750,000 restaurant with average daily transactions of 500 - 1200 within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization. The RGM claims total operational and financial responsibility for an individual unit. He/she directly performs hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train employees, respond to customer service needs, and otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. The RGM will provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence.
Note: RGMs are expected to work approximately 50 hours per week, adhering to the "10 Principles" guidelines for scheduling (5 Principles for Managers). ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.BUILDING YOUR TEAM
DRIVING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Find and hire the best team members and shift leads.
- Personally conduct orientation and on boarding for all new Team Members.
- Create a training plan to develop a great restaurant team.
- Train and develop Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and Team Member Trainers.
- Ensure proper execution on all training and development plans.
- Complete Restaurant People plans and conduct bench planning sessions.
- Conduct weekly manager meetings, and Team Member one-on-ones; conduct formal performance appraisals.
- Consistently recognize and reward Team Member performance.
- Ensure conflicts within the restaurant are resolved in a timely manner.
- Handle all personnel management functions in accordance with state and federal employment laws.
- Conduct yourself in a way that is becoming to the Company, both on and off the job.
MAINTAIN PROCESS AND DISCIPLINE AROUND THE P&L
- Personally demonstrate positive interaction with customers.
- Ensure that customer issues are resolved immediately.
- Schedule the right number of people, at the right time, and in the right place to take care of customer needs.
- Coach management team on proper execution of CHAMPS.
- Lead product rollout meetings with management team; ensure complete and timely execution of corporate and local marketing programs.
- Ensure food quality.
- Know how your restaurants compare with competitors in your trade area and strive to be better.
- Control profit and loss by following cash controls/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, analyzing financial performance, and creating a plan to maximize profitability without compromising the customer experience.
- Manage the restaurant's budget.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance plan based on company standards.
- Ensure a secure working and customer environment through employee training and role-modeling, facilitating your team's safe work behaviors.
- Follow Taco Bell standards and procedures to make food safety a top priority.
Team Members, Shift Managers, Assistant Managers, Senior Assistant Managers JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED required; college or university degree preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience within the food service or retail industry, including profit and loss responsibility required.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have a food handler's certificate according to state or local requirements (may be obtained on-the-job).
- Must obtain food safety certification (on-the-job).
- Must be able to analyze and calculate data.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic business math and accounting skills required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Basic personal computer literacy required.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and auto insurance as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Acts as a role model and upholds all company standards.
- Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
- Exerts a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Presents a tidy appearance with good hygiene.
- Is able to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Anticipates bottlenecks in service and acts to resolve them.
- Learns quickly.
- Communicates viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner. Is able to do so effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours per shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and constantly lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally push and pull up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fine manipulation, overhead lifting, and work on ladders required.
- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and keying required.
- Repetitive use of both hands and feet required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required.