80 hrs/pp. Mon-Fri, variable 7am to 7:30pm, Sat, Sun 8:30am to 4pmJOB SUMMARY:
Primary responsibilities include venous and capillary blood collection, throat and nasopharyngeal specimen collection, electrocardiograms (resting & 24 hour), pulmonary function testing, holter hookups and associated documentation. May also serve in department reception capacity. May perform waived testing at moderately complex labs if competency has been signed off and reviewed. Performs specimen procurement following OSHA and organization guidelines and requirements.EDUCATION:
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Medical Assistance degree from an accredited MA program or
- Phlebotomy degree from an accredited Phlebotomy program
- Current CMA or phlebotomy certification preferred
- Candidates may be considered from other health related field background.
- Certification-eligible candidates may be considered as well as individuals whose certification has lapsed
- Must be detail oriented.
- Decision-making skills are critical.
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to perform multiple duties simultaneously.
- Good communication skills and the ability to be a team player are needed.
- Customer service skills are very important.
- Should maintain an active interest in new developments by participating in continuing education to ensure current knowledge of the profession.
- Should easily adapt to change.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, laboratory staff, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Must maintain an awareness of safety policies to assure a safe work environment.
- Must ensure accurate labeling and documentation to assure specimen identification.
- Must be able to operate a variety of computer software programs.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English language, for accurate interpretation of test orders and communicating effectively with patients and staff.
- To be successful in this position, the person should have the technical knowledge obtained from a formal training program and/or past work experience. Previous phlebotomy experience helpful.
- Primary equipment and materials used in this position include: specimen collection equipment, computers, telephones, ECG cars, PFT equipment and Holter equipment.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.
Posting ID: 572624695Posted: 2021-01-06