DescriptionCranberry Place is hiring a limited part-time Nursing Resource Coordinator!
Cranberry Place is a nursing
facility with an updated decor and welcoming atmosphere located in easily accessible Cranberry Township. Our team is dedicated to enhancing the comfort of our residents and returning them to their highest level of independence. Join our outstanding team in enriching the lives of our residents as we strive to improve their physical, psychological, and social needs.
- Actively participate in scheduled meetings
- Inform Director of Nursing and/or Unit Managers of any potential disciplinary issues and resident/family issues (evening/nights/weekends)
- Maintain personal professional competency and clinical skills through participating in continuing education and in-services
- Promote achievement of organization goals and objectives through knowledge of goals, assisting in collecting data, completing audits, participating in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program, etc.
- Assist nursing team in providing resident care when professional nursing skills/judgment is needed, e.g., ensure all orders are correctly transcribed, administer IVs and other medications, complete admissions/discharges, direct, supervise, and evaluate resident care
- Collaborate with nursing leaders to ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures for off-shifts
- Ensure any staffing changes are in alignment with budgeted staffing plan
- Promote regulatory compliance through demonstrating working knowledge of long term care regulations and participating in efforts towards consistent survey readiness and assisting with completing plan of correction
- Identify learning needs of staff and participate in educational opportunities in collaboration with the Staff Development Coordinator and nursing leaders
- Provide mentoring and coaching to staff when needed
- Round on each nursing unit and respond to issues as needed/requested.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive service excellence behaviors when dealing with all customers
- Ensure safety of residents, customers and facility through awareness of and conscientious application of policies and procedures and emergency responses
- Identify opportunities for enhancing quality, e.g., facilitating use of telemedicine technology. Complete necessary documentation, e.g., electronic health records, incident reports, 24 hour reports, census reports, written documentation regarding discipline and performance appraisals, etc., and submit within required time frame
- Demonstrate professional role model behaviors
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of care to seniors in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Senior Communities has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact at our senior living facilities, where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day. Qualifications
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- 2 years nursing experience in LTC/Acute Care setting required
- 1 year of experience in leadership capacity required (e.g. Charge Nurse)
- Professional contribution required
- BSN preferred
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Registered Nurse (RN) Registered Nurse (RN) Act 34 OAPSA UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct