Cognizant - Digital Systems & Technology (DS&T)Service Line Sales SpecialistCognizant - we help our clients win with digital
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S. with 500+ offices around the world.
- Ranked #193 on the Fortune 500 (May 2019)
- Ranked #524 in Forbes Global 2000 (May 2019)
- Named in the list of Financial Times Leading Management Consultant (Jan 2020)
- Ranked #461 in Forbes America's Best Employers (April 2019)
- Named among World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune (Jan 2020)
- Ranked #63 in Forbes Top 100 Digital Companies (Sept 2019)
At Cognizant, our culture is focused on client needs. It is paramount to our culture to be truly focused on our clients, and we believe it's that culture that both sets us apart from our competitors and sets our way forward. One of our most meaningful measures of success is the reach and longevity of our client relationships.Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant. Digital Systems & Technology (DS&T)
DS&T is the largest of Cognizant's three service lines. We focus on simplifying, modernizing and securing the IT infrastructure and applications that are the backbone of our clients' businesses. We help our clients evolve their applications, platforms and infrastructure to meet the needs of a modern, efficient digital enterprise.
In DS&T we are focused on accelerating digital through:
- Core Modernization
- Cloud Enablement
Our sales teams are organized around and into our Practices and Business Groups:
Business Unit Description
- Cloud, Infrastructure & Security Practice (CIS)
- Application Development & Management Practice (ADM)
- Enterprise Application Services Practice (EAS) including SAP, Oracle, SFDC, Workday and more
- Quality Engineering & Assurance Practice (QEA) including all testing centers of excellence
- AWS Business Group
- Microsoft Business Group
- Complex Sales & Industry Sales Leaders (x-DS&T)
Cognizant AWS Business Group helps enterprises transform their business through its deep industry expertise, solutions and AWS services. The Role - Service Line Sales Specialist (SLS)
We are looking for dynamic, results oriented, experienced field sales executives keen to be part of an entrepreneurial culture accelerating digital change for our large, complex clients. Service Line Sales Specialists (SLS) are field sales executives focused on creating, pursuing and closing opportunities in nominated industry markets. We work closely with and within client accounts to support vertical market alignment.
SLS' provide deep expertise in one or more of the DS&T Practice or Business areas to support Cognizant's client account teams in vertical markets and their account expansion plans into new markets and business areas. SLS' are usually assigned into existing markets and some SLS' will also engage in new logo markets.
The Service Line Specialist will be a "trusted advisor" to both the client and the Cognizant Client Partner blending strategic, tactical and 'street smart' sales experience. Key Responsibilities
- Deliver sales results and contribute to revenue growth for DS&T and nominated industries
- Grow pipeline through existing accounts and if appropriate, new logo accounts
- Bring a 'hunting' mindset to all market and sales opportunities - shape and share value propositions
- Promote solution sales models and longer value-based contracts
- Cultivate and share a relevant industry or technology point of view (POV) with clients and peers to increase Cognizant's value to our clients
- Bring cultural awareness and interpersonal savvy to navigate complex client stakeholder environments
- Work to close deals using sales best practices such as client call plans, win strategies, close plans and Cognizant sales tools and methodologies such as the 'Deal Health Checklist'
- Cultivate client relationships to foster further growth and cross selling opportunities at CxO levels
- Be knowledgeable on the DS&T offerings, products, credentials and case studies
- Actively participate and collaborate in the DS&T sales teams and with the account/client teams
- Where relevant, build and maintain productive mutual working relationships with alliance partner counterparts
- Create, drive and deliver sales forecasts for deals that meet or exceed budgets in transparent and predictable manner using the Cognizant SFDC CRM tool 'Winzone'
- Ensure Winzone is regularly updated at least weekly with all details on sales activities
- Participate as required in regular sales pipeline and review cadences
- Contribute constructively and creatively into the client account planning and pipeline generation activities led by Cognizant industries and business units
- Contribute to proposal development either directly or in collaboration with bid management and solution architect teams
Additional Requirements by Service-Line / Practice / Business Group
- 10 years + experience in IT services and sales in large enterprise organizations
- Proven track record of sales experience and success delivering to and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience developing opportunity pipelines, qualifying high priority deals, and winning new business in line with agreed targets
- Experience closing sales with a specific emphasis on growing sales. Specifically, winning new deals in customer accounts in line with pipeline planning and pre-agreed targets
- Recent experience working for IT professional services or management consulting firm(s)
- Deep experience in one or more of the DS&T service line practices and business groups
- Excellent problem solving, business communication (written & oral) skills
- Well organized and experience with being responsive to client needs
- Mature client engagement and management skills - ability to build client relationships; strengthening partnerships by focusing on exceptional client experience, risk management and value realization built on the foundation of Cognizant leadership capabilities
- Bachelor's degree required OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Under normal (non pandemic) conditions, typically up to 50% travel is required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual and highly-matrixed environment
- In general, certifications an advantage but not required
- CIS- Cloud/Infrastructure/ITO - deep experience across a mix of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, hybrid, ServiceNow) and/or technology infrastructure models (workplace/EUC, data center, managed services, service /asset management)
- CIS - Cybersecurity - specific experience and certifications in cyber security disciplines and capabilities
- ADM - experience with large scale legacy applications management, modernization, rationalization and applications development including DevOps and no/low code environments
- EAS - SAP - experience with SAP S/4 Hana and other SAP technologies and modules such as Finance, Supply Chain, SuccessFactors, and Analytics. Prior experience consulting, solutioning or delivering SAP projects is an advantage. Relationships with SAP Account Executives an advantage.
- EAS - SFDC - experience with multiple Salesforce Clouds such as Sales, Marketing, Service, Commerce etc.
- EAS - Oracle - experience with Oracle applications technologies. Relationships with Oracle Account Executives an advantage.
- EAS - Pega - experience with Marketing, Sales and Customer Experience solutions. Relationships with Pega Account Executives an advantage.
- QEA - agile methodologies, DevOps, POD functionality, system architectures, databases, web services and/or all aspects of testing best practices and latest toolsets across all forms of systems technology platforms and services
- AWS - experience selling AWS-based (or IaaS) solutions, preferably large deals. Relationship with AWS alliance executives.
- Complex Sales (x-DS&T) - experience in large deals > 5m TCV including multiple service lines and/or technologies including deal leadership in "quarterback" style.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.