ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 2,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Manager, Procurement (Marketing & Digital) to join our team located at our Ascena Corp ETNA-ascena-Pataskala, OH 43062. Position Overview:
The Procurement Senior Manager is a recognized leader that influences key business decisions and demonstrates our corporate values and commitment to high performance and talent development.
The Procurement Senior Manager will be responsible for a variety of strategic activities. The Senior Manager will execute sourcing strategies and financial analysis for Indirect/Non-Merch categories of spend. They will serve as the subject matter expert for their assigned categories by communicating market data, changes and trends. Duties
- Strategic planning and opportunity assessment for assigned categories across entire enterprise. Set the strategic vision and goals and ensure execution of all common procurement strategies including supplier management, contract management, common procurement tools, and reporting.
- Fully manages assigned category, program, or project activity.
- Negotiate with suppliers to improve pricing, product quality, and delivery.
- Utilize analytics and data to assist the organization with decision making.
- Develop, implement and communicate supplier programs, procurement policies and procedures enterprise wide.
- Develop and execute various presentations and reports based on the needs of the business.
- Continuously identifying and implementing cost saving/containment ideas
- Lead negotiations for products and services within the assigned categories ensuring ascena's specifications and quality for the best value are met. Focuses on obtaining the "best deal" for the organization.
- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners.
- Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues
- Support the Director of Procurement in the execution of the procurement vision, mission and strategy as well as applying sourcing best practices across the enterprise
- Develop negotiation strategies for contracts. Partners with stakeholders and on managing entire life cycle of Contracts, including but not limited to: Preparing RFP's, negotiating business terms of Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, including services to be provided, functionalities to be delivered, timetable and milestones for payment.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Partners with Legal team to negotiate contracts and resolve contract disputes.
8+ years of Procurement experience in addition to demonstration of the following skills: experience in supplier negotiations, supplier relationship management, team building, e-procurement, inventory management, project management, contract development and management.
Previous experience with Oracle and e-procurement suites, a plus.
Strong PC skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills and superb negotiation skills to interface with suppliers and internal management
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be a known expert in the category or commodity: Must have excellent knowledge of not only the category, but how it fits into an overall business strategy.
- Ability to define strategies at category level, establish vendor relationship guidelines and expectations.
- Extensive experience with financial systems that support the procurement function
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, customer service orientation, and ability to anticipate needs of the organization
- High energy and works well in teams and leading a team
- Outstanding Analytical skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed, multi-task and prioritize demands
Ascena Corp ETNA-ascena-Pataskala, OH 43062 Position Type:
Regular/Full time Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.