Our franchise organization, BOTH Inc Golden Corral, is currently seeking energetic, friendly HOT COOKS to join our team!
We have implemented enhanced measures to ensure the health and well-being of our co-workers, guests and communities. We will continue to reinforce our rigorous cleanliness standards for guest touch points, perform employee temperature checks, and incorporate additional hand sanitizing stations. New social distancing procedures, including floor markers, table spacing, and drink delivery, will also be in place as our company re-opens.
The Hot Cook is responsible for the quality, quantity, tastiness, and freshness of all Hot Choice Buffet products. The Hot Cook pays special attention to speed, cleanliness, organization, and product specifications. Food Production:
- Prepares Hot Choice Buffet products, including Carving and Display Cooking products, according to Golden Corral recipes and procedures.
- Grills all items according to Golden Corral standards to ensure quality.
- Ensures that every fried product is always fresh and hot.
- If the Buffet Attendant is unavailable, the Cook restocks the items at the Display Cooking Station.
- If the Carver is unavailable, assists guests with carved meat options.
- Complete use and following of the buffet production system to insure quality and shelf life compliance.
- Operational Excellence:
- Maintains the correct temperature of all products during cooking, holding and serving.
- Uses the Hot Choice Buffet Production Guide and the Display Cooking Hot Cook Production Guide to maintain an inventory of all hot cook products.
- Conducts opening and closing administrative procedures.
- Properly maintains equipment according to the Equipment Maintenance manual.
- Restocks and rotates food products by using the first-in, first-out method (FIFO).
- Takes inventory of products and checks build-to with the Manager at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensures that that Hot Cook area and all smallwares are clean and checks dishes for cleanliness before using them.
- Performs duty roster and ensures cleanliness, service, and quality standards are met. .
- Follows local health department laws.
- Keeps Char Grill clean and scraped to ensure product quality and sanitation.
- Guest Service:
- Ensures that Hot Choice Buffet products, including Display Cooking products, are always hot and fresh for the guests.
- Knows and follows position responsibilities as they relate to just-in-time delivery.
- Is friendly and courteous to guests and assists them with the products.
- Maintains professional communication at all times.
- Position requires standing and walking 3-4+ hours without a rest break. Regular, moderate-to-heavy (20-50 lbs.) lifting and carrying; bending and reaching is required. Work environment requires the use of tools such as tongs and spatulas and a forceful grip is required for the use of these tools. Work setting is within the restaurant with employee exposed to temperature extremes.
- Thank you for your interest in Golden Corral. Upon completion of your online application, you may be directed to complete an additional online questionnaire that is specific to the position in which you are applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Golden Corral Corporate.
Posting ID: 572633720Posted: 2020-12-16