This position is responsible for initiating new business, building customer relationships, recommending products to meet the needs of the customer and delivering purchased merchandise to customers in the assigned market while meeting scheduling and quality standards. The Specialist will provide customer service through building trusted relationships, offering seasoned advice, ensuring safe delivery of the product, resolving problems and handling product returns as required.
Responsibilities Job Duties
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Use sales reporting to identify opportunities for GURA with top customers.
- Reach out to existing customers to offer GURA and delivery services. - what are they not currently using us for?
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of products.
- Research local market to identify businesses and potential customers who are not current shoppers.
- Build additional business through unsolicited phone calls or in person visits with potential customers.
- Complete on the spot sales.
- Achieve monthly sales quota requirements.
- Represent the company at community events as a brand ambassador in the community
- Operate and maintain a delivery vehicle and delivery equipment including a trailer at times.
- Prepare merchandise for delivery, including assembly and loading into the vehicle.
- Deliver merchandise to a customer's home, barn or property per the customer requirements, ensuring delivery procedures and documentation are completed.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Accept returns from customers with a positive attitude.
- Report customer concerns to Manager and work to resolve any issues.
- Ensure merchandise being delivered is in good condition.
- Perform store to store transfer of products as needed.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Employee will regularly work near mechanical equipment.
- Employee will drive assigned market and provide the deliveries in all weather and road conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
The position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations):
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Ability to load and unload a delivery truck.
- Ability to enter and exit delivery truck, truck bed, and trailer.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary store equipment (e.g. dolly, hand truck, computer, cash register, mobile device, delivery truck, pallet jack).
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing 50+ pounds.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to safely access all areas of store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
Previous outside sales and light truck experience preferred. Experience with hand truck, dolly, pallet jack and forklift preferred. Must be 21 years of age or older, have at least 3 years of driving experience and meet MVR check requirements. Education
: High school diploma or GED. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered. Other knowledge, skills or abilities
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have good driving record.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Ability to navigate and read a map.
- Ability to use GPS and mapping software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to move large, bulky and or heavy merchandise.
- Ability to use and maneuver a pallet jack.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Calendar.
- Ability to communicate with Customers and Stores to schedule delivery services.
- Ability to drive in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment.
Company Overview Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work! Tractor Supply Company
offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan