Treasure Coast Center for Surgery has been serving the Treasure Coast area since 2000. We are a busy, multispecialty ambulatory surgery center, performing outpatient procedures in Endoscopy, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Pain Management, Podiatry, and Urology. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are currently searching for a Full-Time PACU Registered Nurse to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Pre-Op/PACU manager, the PACU nurse is responsible for implementing all physician orders, providing for the continuity and quality of nursing care for all patients, with continual evaluation of the patients'' condition, providing patient safety, comfort, and privacy at all time. At times, the Pre-op PACU RN may assist the physicians in the procedure rooms with various tasks, conscious sedation and utilizing sterile technique as deemed appropriate. Responsible for providing total comprehensive patient care to patients emerging from general anesthesia and/or sedation. Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient and family in preparation for discharge.Required Skills:
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Florida Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in PACU required
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
* Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting preferred.Location:
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.