The Hospital Educator plans, develops and coordinates continuing clinical and non-clinical in-service education programs within the hospital for all staff. The Hospital Educator works with hospital leadership and staff to assess current educational needs and develops a plan to satisfy those needs. The position also assists in ongoing revision and implementation of policies and procedures, protocol development and equipment implementation.
Additionally, This position provides assistance with all aspects of Quality/Risk Management/Patient Safety/Infection Prevention & Control/Employee Health
The above level of knowledge, skills and abilities are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Nursing program. A valid and current Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas is required. Two years of clinical experience is required. Two years of progressively responsible experience in a utilization review environment is preferred.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.Required Skills:
- Current Texas license as a Registered Nurse.
- Must Attain ACLS, PALS current certification by three months after hire date.
- Effective communication, organizational and leadership skills, independent decision-making, and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to work cooperatively within a team.
- Excellent computer skills
- Working knowledge of the developmental needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
Knowledge on how to:
- collect pertinent information related to potential educational needs of the staff,
- assess this data to determine the target audience and the learner needs
- implement the program
- evaluate a program and revise as necessary.
Demonstrates ability to plan and conduct emergency drillsLocation:
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 572634516Posted: 2021-01-13