We Are HiringCardiovascular Stepdown (CVOU 4North)
nurses are ranked among the most sought-after specialty nurse professionals working today. As such, you owe it to yourself to join a team that excels and has a history of revolutionizing methods of heart care. Position
: Registered Nurse (RN) Department
: CVOU (4North)Location
: St. Vincent's East - Trussville, AL Shift
: Weekend Days - Saturday and Sundays - 7a to 7pExperience
: Cardiac Experience is preferred. Additional information
: Weekend Premium included. Full Time Benefit package Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's East is a 362-bed hospital, located just 15 minutes from downtown. Situated between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for our associates: the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission. We offer a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental death benefits are also included. Associates can take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance and much more.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Free Parking
4North, Cardiovascular Step-Down is a private 18 bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients who have had open heart surgery. You will see cardiovascular/thoracic patients and families that are post coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), heart caths, valve replacements, thoracotomies, and many other cardiothoracic surgical procedures.
You will also see general medical surgical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips.
On 4N, you will be trained to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so that you can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. You will have many opportunities for assessments, lab value analysis, patient/family teaching, wound care, IVs, and medication administration/ management.
Our average nurse to patient ratio is 4:1. Our beds are normally full, in high demand, and our staff is very rarely cancelled. Here at St. Vincent's East, you will be joining a motivated, energetic staff and will be introduced to a team environment. What You Will Do
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
What You Will Need
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Why Join Our Team
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent's is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work