Responsible for patient food service on assigned units; menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests, and in-between meal food delivery. Responsibilities:
- Inspects patient trays for accuracy and completeness.
- Carries out other related activities as requested by supervisor or Clinical Dietitians to ensure quality patient care.
- Takes inventory of tube feeding products on each nursing floor, sends appropriate amounts, and returns products that are not being used.
- Pages supervisors and clinical dietitians when necessary to ensure timely relay of messages.
- Receives and records on the attendance form information from Nutrition Services' personnel regarding sickness or lateness. Reports information to employee's supervisor on duty.
- Picks up trays after patient completes meal. Empties all fluid containers before placing tray in cart for return. Makes sure cart is empty of clean trays prior to placing any dirty trays
- Records I&Os as appropriate. Records foods eaten for calorie count on calorie count worksheet.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of diet office supplies.
- Assists patients in selecting their menu choices. Enters food choices on iPad at patient bedside and enters food choices to Hospitality Suite from paper menus received from ICUs and Mental Health's units.
- Responsible for delivering trays at meal times on assigned areas. Verifies prior to delivery two patient identifiers.
- Greets patients with a smile. Addresses patients professionally (by name) and respects privacy
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, and maintains free flowing accurate communication.
- Visits patients after tray delivery to ensure patients are satisfied with meals. Obtains any missing items and makes item substitutes as needed following diet restrictions.
Must have a high school education. Previous customer service experience required. Must have an outgoing personality and able to deal with patients, visitors and staff in a positive, courteous, tactful and cooperative manner. Ability to use current technology and computer skills required.Previous food service experience or patient care experience preferred.Understanding of diet order/restrictions related to specific diets preferred. Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:Act 34 UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Current UPMC employees must apply in HR Direct
Posting ID: 572637874Posted: 2020-12-16