SummaryFor a limited time this position is eligible for up to $2500 sign on bonus!Eligible candidates will have greater than 2 years (24 months) of CNA work experience.*Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.*
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Participates in continuing education relative to role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry, having completed a six-week or equivalent course.
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 572637907Posted: 2020-12-25