The role of a Demand Planning Manager is to support the process of managing demand signals for products to effectively drive the Supply Chain as well as provide an accurate demand plan to guide the gross sales (shipment) plan. The Manager will partner with the Demand Planning Director and Executive Director in the creation and management of the operational demand plan for Aveda
by SKU / market / channel / DC / key account in the SAP Advanced Planning Optimizer (APO) System. The Manager will also play a role in the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process by supporting the General Manager(s) in partnering across the Supply Planning, Sales, Marketing, Finance & Global Teams to ensure alignment in strategy between the demand, supply and financial plans. Job Description:
- Maintain SKU level market / channel / DC / key account forecasts in the forecasting platform as part of a monthly cycle (APO currently transitioning to o9 platform in fall).
- Communicate ongoing forecast changes to stakeholders in the Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance teams.
- Prepare various reports - KPIs (key performance indicators) as well as diagnostic measures to analyze and recommend courses of action for the operational forecast in SAP APO.
- Lead in the creation of new product forecasts and their contribution to the product categories.
- Monitor and manage new launch codes from creation in SAP APO through to shipment & thru replenishment.
- Assess actual product performance in comparison to plan to determine variances and relay findings; for ongoing items make recommendations based on findings for forward forecast revisions.
- Assess new launch influence on existing products or categories for cannibalization or growth in complementary product areas.
- Share relevant new launch insights and learnings with brand stakeholders for continuous improvement of new launch & base forecasts.
- Prepare, maintain and publish new launch performance reports to monitor and assess performance and trend.
- Assure required maintenance of codes in SAP, including code mapping, discontinuation, product life cycle status and strategic indicator.
- Provide Brand or Affiliate ad-hoc reports to assist Global Planning, Finance, Supply or Sales in ongoing management of their business areas.
- Assist as needed to support Demand Reviews, Consensus meetings and Brand SIOP meetings.
- 3+ years of experience within Demand Planning, Sales Planning or Supply Chain required with Haircare, Cosmetic or Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience preferred
- Strong excel & analytical skills required, SAP APO experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of Sales Strategy and Brand positioning preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Posting ID: 572877651Posted: 2020-11-19