Content Interventionist (50%) JobID: 34886 Position Type:
02 - Professional: Schools/Instructional Specialist/Coach PK-5Date Posted:
Patton ESDate Available:
For Fiscal Year:
Additional Information: Show/HideMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Position requires a valid Texas teaching certificate in the subject and level of assignment. In addition, individuals in core academic subject areas must meet teacher requirements. Prefer a minimum of three to five years of successful classroom teaching experience. Prefer strong background in reading and/ or math content and pedagogy; experience in school with diverse student populations, experience working with English Language Learners. SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the ability to apply knowledge of current education and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, principles, reading and/or math content and instruction, and knowledge of State, local, and Federal laws and regulations affecting the lives and education of students. Incumbent must have an understanding of child and adolescent development and have the skills to manage student behavior. Incumbent must have the ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media, work cooperatively with others as a team, organize and maintain records, manage time and resources effectively and efficiently, and evaluate performance and provide constructive feedback. This position requires the ability to support and work effectively with struggling learners. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting instructional lessons contributing to educational, social, and physical development of students to enhance their self-worth and equip them with the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to function in society. Considerable judgment, tact, patience, sensitivity, and flexibility are required to interact with students from varied socioeconomic backgrounds and learning styles. This position requires creativity and adaptive thinking to match teaching objectives, learning strategies, and instructional plans with students' abilities. Judgment is required to interpret broad State, local, and Federal laws, regulations, and policies affecting the lives and education of students and the impact of the laws on instructional methodologies or techniques employed. The purpose of this position is to improve student achievement by specifically addressing the needs of the struggling learner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Administer formal and informal content-specific assessments to students.
- Provide interventions by conducting small group instruction (approximately eight groups daily with 4-6 students per group) that leads to measurable student growth.
- Analyze student data and make instructional decisions based on the results of given data.
- Monitor student progress and communicate progress regularly to other staff and parents.
- Maintain records and document student progress weekly (e.g., record grades and absences).
- Meet with grade level teams to coordinate assigned content area plans and strategies.
- Serve as a resource for classroom teachers with regard to best instructional practices in assigned content area.
- Plan lessons, including activities such as preparing learning objectives and goals, designing tests or exams, studying material, setting up labs, and preparing exams.
- Facilitate learning in the classroom (e.g., maintain discipline; encourage participation; consult with parents, school staff, and other care providers to identify and address social or developmental needs).
- Maintain professional development through such activities as classes, conferences, seminars, workshops, and professional journals; provide technical guidance to less experienced teachers.
- Attend faculty and staff meetings, order equipment and supplies, copy materials.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are generally provided within a standard classroom environment. Some movement throughout the classroom is generally necessary to facilitate learning (e.g., standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, and/or kneeling). Light lifting of materials and other objects associated with a classroom environment is required (e.g., books, teaching aids, up to approximately 20 - 40 lbs.). Special Education teachers may also be required to pick up students, restrain students as needed, and spend large quantities of time on the floor sitting, squatting, and/or kneeling. Incumbent must maintain emotional control under stress and be able to work with frequent interruptions. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve frequent exposure to temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, and low or intense illumination vibration. It is expected that occasional field trips, district wide, and statewide travel may be made. Incumbent should be willing to contribute directly or indirectly to the development of children both inside and outside the classroom, which may include working hours in addition to the regular school day. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Campus Administrator and will have contact with other administrators, teachers, students, parents, and the general community the community to enrich the content of materials and utilize additional instructional methodologies (e.g., invite guest speakers, etc.).COMPENSATION:
Duty Days: 187
Pay Grade: P6
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Employee Discount ProgramClosing Date: Until FilledAn Equal Opportunity Employer