Jacobs has an opening for a Network Designer with an active TS/SCI Polygraph in the Herndon, VA area. The candidate will plan new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Providing support in the translation of business requirements into network requirements, designs and orders. The overarching security requirements for the customer network add to the complexity of these positions. Majority effort is in the design phase for new projects and supporting troubleshooting issues.
- Planning and implementing upgrades for major releases on existing voice system platforms including VoIP switching systems, conferencing systems, call center, interactive voice applications, voice mail, session border controller and other specialized mission related applications
- Installing, deploying, and troubleshooting VMWare, Linux, Windows, and variety of Avaya and Cisco Unified Communications applications.
- Developing, maintaining and presenting design documentation
- Proposing, planning, and implementing approved improvements to the Unified Communications architecture
- Performing configuration, testing and advanced troubleshooting for Unified Communications systems
- Working closely with network engineers to plan and implement network requirements and configurations in support of Unified Communications solutions worldwide
- Implementing Session Border Controller solutions at network borders in conjunction with network and firewall teams
- Securing Unified Communication systems to satisfy stringent security accreditation standards including requesting, installing and maintaining PKI certificates, analysis and remediation of security scans, and modification of operating system configurations where applicable.
- Occasional travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations may be required
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
•Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
•Demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis
•Over 6 years of experience in voice/unified communications technology preferred
•Basic knowledge of IP networking related to voice
•Avaya and/or Cisco Unified Communications certifications desired
•Bash and Perl scripting desired
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.