Lowe's Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2021 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in early June and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.Associate Merchant Internship
The 2021 Lowe's Merchandising MBA Internship Program offers challenging project assignments that directly impact the merchandising line of business. Students will have the opportunity to partner with merchant leaders to solve business challenges, enhance understanding of the retail environment and gain exposure & insights from senior leaders within the organization. The Merchandising MBA Internship Program is designed to prepare students for a Merchant career by providing experiences with retail financials, competitive intelligence, product selection and vendor negotiations.
This scope of work will involve a full competitive analysis of product categories within decor division, both for traditional brick and mortar and online competitors to identify white space product, categories, and opportunities for Lowe's to take share in the Decor space. The final presentation will be a complete analysis with product/category recommendations and financial projections surrounding the opportunity.
• Responsible for specified portion of product assortments and groups.
• Supports Merchant teams and executes tasks to deliver on strategic objectives.
• Partners with leader and cross-functional partners to assist in building product assortment and lines for specified categories.
• Analyze business trends and identify areas of opportunities and provide recommendations for improvements to the Merchant teams.
• Helps manage relationships and facilitate vendor interactions working closely with Merchant/Sr. Merchant.
• Builds and maintains strong understanding of the industry.
• Partners for specific category tactics and execution.
• May make product decisions for assigned product category groups.Required Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a MBA or Masters Degree in Fashion Merchandising/Design, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain or related field with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- 3.0 or above GPA
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Word, Excel and Access)
- Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Business and financial acumen
- 2+ years of relevant experience in business, retail, finance, fashion merchandising/design, supply chain or sourcing
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.