Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy. I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, is responsible for designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging new software and producing significant enhancements to existing software. Conducts intermediate level business process analysis, needs assessments, and participates in design sessions with Architects in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Undertakes moderately complex projects requiring additional specialized knowledge in software design and testing. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, coding, testing, and implementing new software and by modifying/enhancing existing software applications.
- Coordinates with business analysts and/or users to determine requirements. Performs moderately complex analyses of system requirements and of existing business processes and information systems.
- Collaborates with architects to determine the design of quality technical solutions.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- Resolves customers' issues and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Participates in the development of software.
- Performs code reviews and assists in more complex systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
- May work on-call shifts on a rotation basis.
May coach or mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Intermediate knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
V. Work Environment
- Systems development, implementation, upgrades and analyses
- QA testing, catalyst or unified business modeling, system design and analysis
- Knowledge of enterprise coding standards.
- Hands on experience in writing more complex code.
- Ability to perform code reviews.
- Knowledge of software methodologies.
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead a group to consensus, solve problems, and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to mentor and train less knowledgeable peers and individuals.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- General business knowledge and concepts.
- Communication skills.
- Team player
- Web application development, imaging technology.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of project management/change management.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."