A Carter Components Designer is responsible for designing plans for the production of trusses and/or wall panels. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by customers. Requires the knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
Responsibilities of the Position:Designing:
- Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction
- Previous experience using truss software
- High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
- Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
- Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
- Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
- Creates design illustrations based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication.
- Completes and finalizes designs for production and assembly.
- Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Communicates with production teams, customers and Store Managers to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists stores in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 573087534Posted: 2020-10-16