We Are Hiring
AMITA Health is looking for a Pediatric Inpatient Nurse Practitioner to join our elite team! Why Join Our TeamAbout AMITA Health
About Chicago Suburbs
- AMITA Health is an award-winning health system committed to delivering outstanding, compassionate care to communities we are privileged to serve in Chicago and the northwestern, western and southwestern suburbs.
- We are one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 acute-care hospitals, four specialty hospitals and more than 230 clinics and outpatient facilities, including 18 immediate care centers.
- Ten AMITA Health hospitals have been awarded "A" grades on the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade list, which recognizes AMITA Health's successful efforts in providing safer patient care.
About AMITA Health Medical Group
- Beautiful suburban locations, convenient access to downtown Chicago.
- Quick travel to O'Hare International Airport.
- Excellent schools, parks, recreation, walking/running/biking trails, shopping, restaurants and theaters.
The AMITA Health Medical Group consists of more than 900 multi-specialty employed physicians and associated practitioners, ranking it among the largest medical groups in the state. We work every day to achieve our mission, which is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus, by providing efficient, high-quality, faith-based care. What You Will Do
AMITA Health is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Nurse Practitioner to join our Pediatric Hospitalist Department.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with AMITA Health to provide medical services to patients. Position Highlights:
- 100% inpatient
- Excellent hospitalist team
- Beautiful Women and Childrens Hospital (all private rooms)
- Level III NICU/PICU
What You Will Need
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office.
• Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office.Preferred Credential(s):
• Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration. Education:
• Master's degree of Nursing required. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.