Job Description Overview
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to Lawrence + Memorial Hospital and Westerly Hospital with primary responsibilities of Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- 1. Under the direction of pharmacy management, provide and oversee the pharmacy antimicrobial stewardship service in collaboration with the antimicrobial stewardship team for optimal patient outcomes.
- 2. Collaborates effectively with all healthcare providers to ensure satisfactory pharmaceutical care is provided to all patients.
- 3. Provides intradepartmental and hospital educational support.
- 4. Partake in quality assurance to satisfy the standards of the Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies. Maintains familiarity with all federal and state laws and hospital policies.
- 5. Partake in hospital and health-system committees, and cost savings and quality improvement projects.
- 6. Manage complicated medication management history for discharge reconciliation, formulary management and clinical interventions.
- 7. Mentor and precept trainees and ensure their growth and development.
- 8. Effectively document intervention and medication safety events.
- 9. Meets or exceed performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 10. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth clinical and operation of the department/unit.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited college.
At least 1 year of related clinical hospital experience required. Completion of a Residency or Fellowship in infectious diseases is preferred. Evidence of clinical antimicrobial therapy experience preferred. Board Certification in Pharmacy Practice preferred.
State of Connecticut and State of Rhode Island Pharmacist Licenses.
Strong understanding of contemporary pharmacy practice; Knowledge of computer technology. Must maintain current BLS/PALS/ACLS certification. Able to effectively communicate with all customers. Registered with CPMRS of Connecticut and RI.
Posting ID: 573533991Posted: 2020-09-14