Provide support to the Benefits Team in the strategy, administration and management of employee benefit programs, promoting the value of the plans in alignment with the company's goals and competitive practices.
JOB CONTRIBUTIONS- WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Perform audits of the internal systems, vendor records and any data exchange between bothparties.
- Ensures vendor file feeds are working properly including union eligibility. Determine root cause ifissues arise and issue resolution through to completion.
- Project manager for new file feeds and changes to current file feeds.
- Compiles statistical reports for department.
- Responsible for all internal compliance requirements including SOX and all regulatory reporting.
- Audit and approval of weekly benefit eligibility reports, including payroll deductions againstbenefit elections and dual coverage (company couples).
- Financial tracking against budget; track credits/rebates, high claimants, weekly claims tracking andreporting. Identify and report trends. Validate assumptions used in the IBNR report.
- Reconciliation of payroll deductions to benefits enrollment.
- Process invoices, perform monthly audits to benefits administration system, and calculates employee benefit refunds.
Facilitates and leads collection of data needed for discrimination testing, annual audits, 5500's, etc.
- Supports administration of pension (US, Puerto Rico and USVI) 401(k), frozen executive benefits programs frozen ESPP
- Reviews benefit programs and policies (tuition reimbursement, leave of absence, paid time off, etc.) as needed. Conducts benchmarking, cost analysis and participates in recommendations.
- Collaborates with HR Policy Manager to update or develop new policies.
- Review union benefit grid and updates with new CBAs. Responsible for ensuring union benefits. eligibility is coded and working properly with payroll and vendors.
- Calculates weekly refund/arrears benefit deduction report for payroll.
- Calculate state/city tax reporting and facilitate payment (NV, SFO) as directed by tax department.
- Suggest and implement steps/processes, including technological improvements to make the administration of benefits more efficient.
- Own or provide support to projects that address strategic initiatives.
- Lead projects as assigned.
- Support communications and interpretation of benefit polices, programs or compliance.
- Support RFP's.
- ssist in vendor management.
- Provide support for annual open enrollment.
- Support Labor Relations and HRBP's during negotiations.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree
- 5 years related benefits experience
- Extensive knowledge of benefit program design and implementation methods
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws relating to benefits
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Advanced Excel skills required
o Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
o Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Posting ID: 573534628Posted: 2020-12-28