Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
DHS EOD Public Trust/Other Required:
BI Full 6C (T4) Job Family:
Configuration Job Description:Position Description
Opportunity for an innovative and experienced Configuration Management Lead to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government contract. The candidate will lead and provide expertise for a large enterprise Infrastructure environment. Roles and Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Provide and support to configuration management activities including the process for System Change Requests (submitting, approving, developing, testing and migrating to production).
- Facilitation of CM Change Control Boards, including developing agendas, and following up on action items and coordinating testing and implementation of system changes.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of working with AWS and other cloud environments along deploying solutions supporting the enterprise focusing on datacenter operations is key.
- Daily management and oversight of the USCIS Configuration Management tools suite of applications.
- Maintain documented Operations and Maintenance procedures, perform all updates and enhancements as provided by the vendor to the CM tools suite of applications to include patches, enhancements and upgrades.
- Act in a capacity of ISSO for CM tools, and maintain security posture that meets current security guidelines. Generate periodic Security Alert Vulnerabilities reports as requested.
- Recommend and document configuration identification standards for software, hardware, and documentation CIs.
- Utilize CM tools capabilities to enhance CI/CD to support Agile methodologies and Dev/Sec/Ops practices using open source tools.
- Participate in all enterprise level meetings, reviews and providing needed feedback as appropriate.
- Guide team to maintain shall maintain all pertinent Knowledge Management documents and SOPs and/or update or establish new procedures as maturity advances.
- Constantly monitor all CM related communication channels and resolve issues. Perform audits and develop report CM tools storage capacity, organizations, and administrators on an ad hoc basis.
- Verify compliance and document, develop periodic metrics, software related changes, updates related reports.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or the equivalent and 4-6 years related experience or a MS and 5 years of experience or the equivalent
- 4+ years' team lead or equivalent experience in IT Configuration Management, metrics and reporting, ITSM process management, or other relevant experience required
- 4+ years of IT requirements managements, configuration management, change management or Systems Engineering experience
- Experience maintaining baseline and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) using platforms such as ServiceNow or Remedy required
- Advanced experience using configuration management database (CMDB) to onboard new hardware/software technologies accurately and confirm that items are correctly documented
- Experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience maintaining the baseline for cloud-based systems preferred
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications preferred
- Mid-level experience in configuration and change management principles
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, configuration management database (CMDB), code packaging, Jira, Salesforce, ELK, Git Hub, AWS and basic Unix commands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations.
- Experience with working in an ITIL v3 or v4 framework to deliver enterprise services.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail.
- US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD.
- Experience with any DHS agencies or entities.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work.
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091) Additional Work Locations:
USA MS Stennis Space Center - 1103 Stennis Space Center - (MSS004), USA NC Raleigh
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 573542134Posted: 2020-11-02