At Jabil,we empower the brands who empower the world
- it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become themost technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet.
Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Under close supervision performs a variety of routine duties related to manual and automated assembly and or packaging. Assembles items at a pace consistent with the speed of the assembly line.
- Assembles component parts, sub-assemblies or completed units. Includes electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, structural products, instrument, and plastic parts assembly.
- May also be responsible for final inspection and packaging of completed assemblies to ensure compliance with all quality standards.
(Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble precision, electromechanical or mechanical subassemblies where methods and sequence of assembly are clearly written and described.
- Assembles components at a pace consistent with the speed of the assembly line, occasionally performing two or more assembly operations simultaneously.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements, using various common hand tools and automated assembly tools such as drill press, ultra-sonic welders, heat and punch presses.
- May operate a variety of machines including drilling and tapping machines, solvent bonding equipment, decorating/painting machines such as hotstampers and pad printers, ultra-sonic welders, date coders, and shrink-wrap machines.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection of parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- May be required to work with quality plans.
- Monitors automation system for outputs (yield & utilization) and general performance.
- Complete tracking documents and other related paperwork as required.
- May assist in the set-up of an assigned assembly station.
- May occasionally service automated system(s) for component replenishment and audible alarms.
- Visually inspects component parts and assemblies, checking for defects that vary from quality standards.
- May prepare boxes, pack, seal and label product(s).
- Learns machine cleaning as required.
- Learns to apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- High School Diploma/GED and 0 years related experience.
- Ability to read and write in English, Ability to perform basic math and interpret and execute work instructions
- At least 20/40 near vision
- Occasionally lifting or moving average weight material (up to 25 lbs)
- Repetitive hand work and grasping of small components
List the titles of individuals and organizations with which this position has the most frequent and significant contact. Briefly describe the nature of those contacts.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Manufacturing Team
- Quality Team
- Supply Chain Team
Posting ID: 574297841Posted: 2020-10-16