Build a rewarding career at Jones Lang LaSalle
A career at Jones Lang LaSalle puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees. Recent awards include:
- World's Most Admired Companies, Fortune magazine (2008, 2009)
- Best Big Companies, Forbes magazine's Platinum 400 (2006, 2007, 2008)
- World's Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute (2008, 2009)
- Sustainable Cities Award, Financial Time and Urban Land Institute (2008)
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, CRO magazine (2007, 2009)
We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence.
When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that's committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career. Position description
Currently, we are seeking a Building Automation Technician to join our team. Position Summary:
- The position is focused on support of building automation systems (BAS) throughout the ATT portfolio with an emphasis on energy conservation. The role will directly interface with regional field teams to provide technical support, training, repairs, and guidance on BAS issues encountered by the teams. Additionally, this position will have the responsibility of performing various quality control checks on BAS repairs performed by internal teams and external contractors; provide root cause analysis and make recommendations to remedy issues, travel to sites to make repairs, conduct inspections/audits of sites to improve building operational and energy efficiency. The position responsibilities will include hands on repairs and maintenance of building systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Collect system trouble information from the field teams, analyze the technical difficulties, and report out on findings.
- Provide recommendations and improvement methods for permanent fix to prevent further call(s) from the same system.
- Perform site visits and meet with field teams to gather data to develop more efficient control strategies/sequences. Provide recommended scope of work and assist in implementing approved system changes.
- Provide hands on repairs to systems and train field team members in various aspects of BAS operation, repair, and system maintenance.
- Perform thorough and detailed new system commissioning and existing system re-commissioning throughout the region.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to BAS throughout the region to improve energy efficiency.
- Interface and provide support to the Regional Energy Lead in calculation of energy savings as a result of BAS modifications. This will include economic justification of capital and expense projects related to energy and BAS.
- Extensive knowledge in programming, installing, start up, associated equipment interdependencies, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial building automation control systems.
- Experience working with Schneider Electric Controls required; Andover Continuum Controls highly preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in operation of laptop computer, blackberry/iphone, MS Office applications, web based computerized maintenance management systems, and various automation system manufacturer software.
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and return automation systems back to efficient operation through phone support to field technicians, interaction with system via remote computer access, as well as travel to site locations providing hands on repair work.
- Ability to train and coach field teams virtually and in person in order to increase their ability to work with and operate building automation systems.
- Understand and apply basic electrical power formulas / calculations
- Basic application considerations for Variable speed / frequency drives for fans and pumps
- Understand general energy conservation techniques & issues and ability to apply these to identify energy conservation opportunities in a commercial building environment
- Understanding of HVAC/Chiller plant energy consumption issues
- Position will not have any direct reports, but will have responsibility to identify needs for field team skills improvements with regards to BAS based on team interaction and request for support.
- Position will have training and coaching responsibilities with field teams to ensure operational and energy efficiencies for BAS.
- Position will have responsibilities for helping to identify proficiency of skills in new hire candidates throughout the region. This will be accomplished through phone and face-to-face interviews.
Minimum Required Education:
- The position will be a virtual position with domestic travel required primarily throughout the Midwest. This position will work with multiple teams (consisting of technicians, managers, and directors) throughout the region via telephone, email, online meetings, and site visits.
- The role comes with a JLL issued vehicle and requires the successful completion of a motor vehicle record check.
JLL Privacy Notice
- Minimum of 10 years experience in building automation/control system programming, troubleshooting, and repair and/or degree in electrical engineering with automation system experience.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Posting ID: 574298971Posted: 2020-11-06