Market Clerks are first and foremost responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. He/She will perform superior customer service for guests, maintain clean and well-stocked service counter, and market cleaning of preparation area including storage vaults, supply area, and wrapping equipment as set forth by management.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Order product to ensure adequate supply and to maintain product quality, freshness and proper variety.
- Performs receiving duties to include: breaking down loads, cutting cases, stacking, pricing and marking merchandise, organizing cooler and storage areas and refrigerating products immediately.
- Ensure cost, quality and inventory control through verifying orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Stock, rotate and faces product, prevent shrink and product damage and follows code dating procedures.
- Open and set up butcher block case and closes and pulls down butcher block case according to company procedures.
- Follows daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follows dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follows attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
- Performs meat wrapper duties as assigned by management.
- Assist with training new associates.
- Follows management guidelines in respect to filling and maintaining fresh meat counter.
- Replaces market supplies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work in fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the meat department duties including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Hands are frequently exposed to 30F while handling product in the display cases.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Must be able to operate related equipment including: scales, knives, band saws, meat tenderizers, meat slicers and grinders and keep accurate records.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (Controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes.)
- Ability to function as an associate and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations. OUR MISSION
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact
Posting ID: 574699317Posted: 2020-10-26