Gelsons Markets is recognized as one of the nations premiere supermarket chains, founded in 1951 as an
extraordinary grocery shopping experience for discerning consumers. Each location is singularly recognized as the areas best market for superior products and exceptional service. Exceptional customer service skills are important to ensure our ability to fulfill our mission statement: To make shopping anywhere else unacceptable for consumers who value quality products, cleanliness, convenience, and personal service. Gelsons is always looking for friendly, outgoing individuals who enjoy serving the public in a retail setting.
The Gelsons Markets Clerks Helpers primary responsibility is to attend to the needs of every
customer and ensure a top quality shopping experience. The Clerks Helper will be responsible for providing
assistance to the Checker by bagging customer purchases and assistance to the customer by carrying out and loading purchases. The Clerks Helper is also required to retrieve shopping carts, using a cart retrieval strap, from the parking lot and surrounding areas. Maintenance and cleanliness of the check stand area and ensuring bagging supplies are adequately stocked are mandatory. You may also be required to obtain price verifications and return non-purchased items to their appropriate shelf location.
As a Gelsons Markets Clerks Helper you will come in direct contact with our customers. Excellent customer
service, attentive listening and resourceful assistance are crucial. The ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers and all levels of staff within Gelsons Markets is mandatory. The Gelsons Clerks
Helper must possess strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. All Clerks helper positions start at part time.
- Continuous hand manipulation including, grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Reaching above and at shoulder level frequently
- Standing and walking up to 6 hours per day
- Bending up to 4 hours per day
- Twisting and squatting up to 2 hours per day
- Walking on uneven ground (Parking lot)
- Lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. rarely
- Working near hazardous machinery (Conveyor belt, baler, vehicles in parking lot)
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes (Car fumes)
- Exposure to noise (Various)
- Exposure to extremes in temperature (Weather conditions)
Posting ID: 574708567Posted: 2020-09-21