Ecumen Hospice is currently seeking a Business Office Assistant to join its team. This is a remote, work from home, position.
Ecumen Hospice honors life through care and serves individuals in the Twin Cities - Metro Area. Ecumen's mission is to create home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a "Best Place to Work," an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
Responsibilities This individual assists the Business Office Manager with accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections and, cash flow management. Provides support and back up to scheduling, telephones and reception. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Collects and codes invoices to correct department for accounts payable processing and maintains all agency licenses
- As applicable to location, performs duties related to patient registration including eligibility criteria and insurance. Ensures all information is verified and entered accurately.
- As applicable to location, performs eligibility criteria process. Enters/maintains correct and current financial information on patients in computer system including authorizations. Checks for overlaps and alerts Manager/Director and/or designee for appropriate follow-up.
- Maintains current information on clients, physicians, insurance companies, etc. in software database.
- Maintains inventory of office and medical supplies and orders as necessary, including stationery, business cards, etc.
- Establishes relationships with residents and families while interacting in a professional manner, assisting them as needed.
Qualifications Business Office AssistantMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of related experience
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance, if applicable
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Associates Degree or higher in business or related field
- Prior experience working with seniors
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disbility, or status as a protected veteran.
We participate in E-Verify.
Posting ID: 574708983Posted: 2020-11-02