Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of nursing personnel and contract services in patient-care areas according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the facility. Participates in planning work of assigned areas and coordinates activities with all patient-care areas. Ensures that patient needs are met and evaluates area nursing care and performance. Works closely with ASC Administrator in coordinating patient-care service functions.
May assume responsibilities for ASC Administrator in his or her absence. Assists the ASC Administrator with continuous quality improvement, safety, risk management, in-servicing and education, personnel utilization, performance appraisals, resource usage and budget management, and maintenance of standards of care. Creates and maintains excellent working relationships with physician partners for the surgery center.
The ASC clinical coordinator exhibits an exemplary level of dependability with respect to attendance, punctuality, ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Graduated from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years in a critical care or healthcare equivalent setting required. Prior ASC or OP suite experience with leadership responsibility preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Licensed as an RN in North Carolina required. BLS, ACLS and PALS certification.
- Additional skills required: Strong background in patient centric care; Experience with facilitating education and training; Must have the ability to complete assignments required for Medicare, JCAHO and other required organizations. Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly WORD, Excel and Outlook. Experience in leadership roles; Strong ethical and moral character references; Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication. Accuracy and attention to detail without compromise of patient care.
- Additional skills preferred: Proficiency in PowerPoint.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Posting ID: 574709714Posted: 2020-11-09