Providence is calling a Food Service Assistant to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. This is a per diem/on-call position. Per diem/On-call employees must be available to work 6-8 hour shifts, from 5am-10:30pm, any of the 7 days of the week. Although this may be on-call, schedules are finalized 2 weeks in advance. Schedules posted are 1 month in length. The more flexible you are, the more hours you can work! We also offer a 15% pay premium to our on-call staff.
We are seeking for a Food Service Assistant that will provide courteous, friendly food service to hospital employees, visitors, and physicians by setting up, stocking, replenishing, and cleaning service areas. Takes customer orders, operates cash register, buses tables, preps food.In this position you will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Demonstrate positive interactions with the public, and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, and other department employees
- Be responsible for setting up, stocking, replenishing, and cleaning service areas
- Take customer orders, operates cash register, buses tables, preps food, takes phone orders
- Perform job duties as per specific job duties posted in job task manual
- Provide excellent customer service through use of the 5-10 rule, key words and positive interactions with patients, visitors, medical staff and hospital staff to meet department goals
- Meet QA standards as set by the dept
- Perform tray set up assignments in a timely manner
- Deliver trays to patients in an appropriate and timely manner
- Record I & O daily for patient care on RN sheets
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Health Department Food Handlers Certificate required within the first two weeks of employment
About Providence in Oregon
- Cashiering and food handling experience
- Barista experience
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging
each visitor, introducing
ourselves and Providence, addressing
people by name, providing
the duration of estimated wait times and updating
frequently if timelines change, explaining
situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening
to their concerns, and always thanking
people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.