Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Community Support Program, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Mental Health Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable. In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION: Supervise daily medication administration services assessing client needs, complying with physician orders, administering and documenting client medications. Conduct client assessments including vital signs and the presence of any medication side effects. Fill client medi-sets according to physician's orders and monitors and documents client compliance. Enter notes in the client care record documenting efficacy of medication on managing the target symptoms of client's illness.
- Supervise the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) process at the center, ensuring compliance with center policies and state and federal regulations pertaining to QA/QI. Conduct random chart reviews to ensure staff compliance. Serve on the center QA/QI committee in a leadership role.
- DISASTER RESPONSE LEADER: Serve as the Disaster Response leader for the center. Attend and participate in all local meetings and efforts in this capacity.
- ASSISTS PHYSICIAN: Assists staff physicians with chart documentation, ensuring documentation requirements and standards are maintained. Advises physicians and staff on client progress.
- OUTPATIENT SERVICES: Conduct psycho-educational group treatment including Anger Management for court ordered individuals, as required.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: Work closely with the Director and Clinical Director on special projects, serves as a member of the Community Support Program team. Coordinate public relations projects and special efforts such as health fairs and national screening days, as required.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Limit discussion of confidential information to job-related functions only. Exercise extreme care to protect confidential client information.
- Complete Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Current State of Alaska Registered Nurse license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
About the department you will serve
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Sub specialty in psychiatric nursing
- 2 years psychiatric nursing experience in an outpatient or inpatient facility
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement experience
- Familiarity with medicaid regulations
Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center offers a wide array of behavioral health services offered through different programs within the agency such as Outpatient Clinic, Community Support Program, Family Focused Program, Mental Health Clinicians in the School Program, Safe Harbor and Alcohol Safety Action Program.
For more information about Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
Posting ID: 574710175Posted: 2020-09-21