The Nordstrom Tax Team is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant who is flexible and curious and enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently in support of Nordstrom's ultimate mission of being Customer Obsessed. We are looking for someone who is positive and enthusiastic and has an ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and can prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Controversy/Credits & Incentives. A day in the life...
You own this if you have...
- Prepare various state and local tax audits responses.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries regarding Nordstrom's sales and use tax filing positions.
- Identify and support key opportunities to better position Nordstrom's tax footprint in relation to indirect taxes through credits, incentives, other tax planning.
- Support outsourced sales, use, VAT tax compliance processes, as needed.
- Support tax operational projects and tasks including proper taxation of customers, supporting customer inquiries, and working with various internal teams for systems updates, upgrades, and testing, as needed.
- Keep abreast of and provide research and analysis for tax law developments in the retail and restaurant industries.
- Establish and maintain process and/or system improvements based on audit results and findings.
- Actively engage with a broader group of non-tax personnel within the company, including IT, Treasury, and Store Design.
- 3-5 years of broad sales/use tax experience in a multi-state environment required, experience with Canada a plus
- Experience with working with tax authorities and working knowledge of the audit defense process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent preferred (CPA or advanced tax degree a plus)
- Experience utilizing tax software and research sites, accounting systems and advanced excel skills (including but not limited to Vertex, Oracle, and CCH)
- Ability to integrate and sustain technology to support processes
- Sound technical research skills with an ability to evaluate and communicate the implications of technical issues in verbal and written form required
- A desire to perform beyond what is familiar, seek out new experiences, and be flexible and curious with an ability to apply on the job learning to new situations
- Analytical and detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills
We've got you covered...
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete work timely with minimal supervision
- Ability to creatively collaborate and find solutions to tax and business issues
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified atwww.nordstrom.com.
2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Posting ID: 574715123Posted: 2020-11-02