Description Position at Pilgrim'sESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Trains other maintenance mechanics in ammonia refrigeration/HVAC/Boiler operations.
- Directs and monitors the maintenance of plant machinery and facilities. Makes recommendations and works with others to plan and implement improvements.
- Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive team member communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to team members.
- Schedules people, materials and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the mission of Pilgrims. Assists supervisor in determining work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs.
- Installs new equipment, repairs and modifies existing refrigeration/HVAC and boiler equipment.
- Offers feedback for team member performance evaluation to the supervisor
- Maintains and leads shop cleanliness and 5S procedures
- Assists in maintaining the production area for cleanliness in accordance with company's SSOP standards
- Recognizes safety hazards, performs safety audits and assists with accident investigation.
- Monitors progress against department goals and covers in crew meetings
- Assists in investigation of quality improvements, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control and equipment maintenance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- On Call weekends is required as well as the flexibility to to work various shifts
all Team Members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
- Two years in commercial refrigeration environment/boiler operation and or accredited education
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Working knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Working knowledge of NH3 refrigeration principles and understanding of plant refrigeration systems, electric and mechanical procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers
- Basic computer skills (e-mail, time and attendance, word and excel)
- Knowledgeable in Lockout/Tagout and is aware of requirement for Lockout/Tagout safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.
- Valid Pilgrims pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license within 30 days
- Valid CRP, First Aid Certification and AED or ability to obtain certificate within 6 months
- Considerable mechanical ability to analyze production machinery and their function and repair
- Working knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to arc and gas weld
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work weekends and various shifts
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posting ID: 574716444Posted: 2020-09-21