Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #:
UMass Memorial Medical Center - Memorial CampusPosting Date:
October 29, 2020Shift:
40 hoursShift Length:
- Candidate should have nursing or NP background, previous experience in managing risk contracts and coordination of patient flow throughout a 90 day episode
Manages the MSK service line risk-based contracts for total joint replacement and spine, and interfaces with the ACO for shared patients at risk. Works in close alignment with surgeons and advanced practice practitioners to evaluate and oversee patients experience and outcomes and assists with coordinating and scheduling appointments throughout the bundled episodes. Works with patients and caregivers to ensure optimal outcomes.
This position assists in guiding patients through the healthcare system from screening through diagnosis by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers and tracking interventions and outcomes. Promotes a positive work environment which emphasizes respect to our customers, patients, patients' families, physicians, staff and other department.
Functions as a liaison with other UMass Memorial Health Care (UMMHC) departments including: Central Scheduling, medical group leadership, Information Systems and ambulatory clinics and ACO to ensure integration with institutional and department goals and objectives.
Sites may include practices on the University, Memorial, and Hahnemann locations as well as and Group Ortho practices located in Milford, Westborough and Leominster. Participates in focus groups and/or committees as representative of the department, as assigned.Major Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the entry of patients into the diagnostic and/or treatment system and coordinates their care including family/ caregiver involvement. Follows the patients throughout the continuum of health care services across multiple departments from the pre-operative assessment through their post-operative care.
- Assists patients in understanding their resources available and works to assist in sign up for, and ongoing utilization of, patient educational classes and informational products and mobile patient engagement platforms, including registries
- Coordinates multidisciplinary planning conferences and deploys concise patient summaries for use by care team.
- Receives routine progress updates of patients along the continuum and is responsible for ensuring the healthcare team is updated as appropriate, escalates clinical concerns and/or patient concerns to the surgeon or APP as needed.
- Develops relationships with all orthopedic providers including, but not limited to, total joint and spine surgeons and primary care physician. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the providers.
- Should have nursing or NP background, previous experience in managing risk contracts and coordination of patient flow throughout a 90 day episode.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business administration, or related field.
- Licensed Register Nurse or Nurse Practitioner in the State of MA
- 5 years of related experience in a healthcare operation required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective relationships with physicians, administration and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
Standards of Respect:
- Prior use of software applications, specifically EPIC EMR preferred, along with other software applications such as excel, word, database.
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.