The Bus Monitor will assist the Bus Driver in maintaining discipline while the bus is in operation; maintain proper records and documentation; assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required.
This role is Part-Time [Non-Exempt] often working split shifts of morning and afternoon.
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining discipline on school bus; monitor and assist students while bus is in operation.
- Consult with and assist bus driver in documentation of student information, record keeping and completing route surveys.
- Assist driver in assuring seat belts, harnesses and wheel chair clamps are secured as required.
- Assist parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinate seating of students as required by State Transportation Guidelines.
- Communicate with classroom aides, teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedures.
- Assist handicapped children on and off the bus and escort children across street upon return home; lift children as required; assure responsible adult meets students leaving the bus.
- Attend in-service meetings and training courses as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance
- A minimum age of 18
- Hold a current valid driver’s license or state ID
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to receive and carry out instructions to perform work duties
- Reliable attendance
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job:
- Frequently exposed to loud noise levels; fumes or airborne particles; noxious odors and vibrations from riding a bus.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures. This includes the pushing/pulling of up to 50 pounds, operate two hand controls simultaneously and quickly in an emergency opening of 24 by 48 inches at least 42 inches from the ground in 10 seconds. Must be physically able to open all emergency exits installed in any school bus they may be assigned.
Apple Bus strives to offer benefits that meet our employee needs. We offer part-time employee’s access to plans for dental, vision, temporary and long-term disability, critical illness, accident, retirement plan contribution, plus competitive compensation with paid time off including holidays.
About Apple Bus
Apple Bus Company is a leading provider of school bus transportation. The company was founded in 2000 with just 8 buses and a focus on custom solutions and client relationships. Today, our Kansas City area-based company operates over 1,500 vehicles in eight states.
Our mission at Apple Bus company is to provide customer-focused transportation to all passengers in the most safe and reliable manner. Ensuring the safety of all passengers, employees, and customers is the number one goal of Apple Bus Company.
Employment at Apple Bus is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Apple Bus Company is an EOE/MINIORTY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 575035937Posted: 2021-01-05