This position is responsible for repairing all types of body damage including sheet metal, all types of exterior plastic and composite panel repair, vehicle disassembly and reassembly for repair, as well as replacing any parts required to return body damaged vehicles to pre-damage condition and prepare repaired panels/parts for refinish application. Job Responsibilities:
- Verify vehicle and repairs to be performed using repair order or tracking label prior to beginning repairs.
- Repair all damaged body panels as directed by management.
- Follow repair procedures as defined in Manheim's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Replace damaged panels or other body components as directed.
- Properly handle, apply, and dispose of any surface coatings as directed in Manheim's SOP and defined in federal, state or local regulations.
- Mask/protect any adjacent panels (non refinish) from scratches or damage before final sanding.
- Prepare surface for buffing utilizing proper finish sanding products and technique (see SOP).
- Restore refinish panel(s) to OEM quality utilizing provided rotary buffer, correct buffing technique, compounds and polishes defined in SOP
- Finish all repairs as required to meet Manheim's customer expectations for quality.
- Report production/piece rate flag hours per repair/vehicle as directed by management.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience preferred.
- Paint Training Certification that meets HAPS 6H requirements preferred at time of hire.
- Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate preferred at time of hire.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Ability to Work well with others in a team environment to complete tasks/goals given in time frames given.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools, equipment, etc.).
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.