This position will be located in Draper, Utah.
We are looking for a passionate, customer-focused Project Manager to join a team responsible for successfully delivering solutions for our largest partners and customers, including OEMs, Large Dealer Groups, and 3rd party partners. This Project Manager is a seasoned performer who provides organization and coordination to support project governance and management for initiatives and projects owned by the Project Management Team.
This Project Manager will work closely with customers (both internal and external), product management, engineering, operational readiness, and other key stakeholders to ensure projects are successfully executed on time and meet the objectives established in the business plan. In addition, the Project Manager will be able to have a strategic vision across the Dealer Sales and Service Solutions organization (DMS, VinSolutions, Xtime, and DR), build and analyze business cases and establish a prioritized roadmap.
The Project Manager drives results for Dealer Sales and Service Solutions through effective management around client requests to create a profitable process to benefit both the solution set and the client. They will need to be a self-starter who is willing and capable of making small and large decisions quickly to ensure that projects are completed on time, with quality, and meet the organization's strategic objectives.
- Oversee and be accountable for all aspects of large-scale, outward-facing projects with key partners/clients
- Successfully extract and prioritize client project requirements and sequence projects according to business impact
- Create and analyze business cases to determine project viability
- Create clear, measurable and attainable objectives that meet strategic objectives
- Manage implementations using standard project management processes and tools (project plans, issues logs, etc.)
- Manage cross-departmental resources against aggressive timelines
- Work closely with internal and external project personnel to provide advice, problem resolution, and assign duties and responsibilities
- Continually minimize uncertainty by driving team collaboration and open client communication
- Coordinate, conduct, and document meetings and report status to continuously move forward progress of current and future projects
- Direct and coordinate team efforts to deliver on-time and with quality to exceed expectations
- Responsible for making small and large decisions to continually reduce project risks, manage scope, and balance client and business objectives.
- Aid with additional team projects as needed
- Leverage project management best practices, processes, and policies to ensure alignment with Cox Automotive DSS solution group.
- Continually evaluates processes, methodologies, and tools as opportunities for innovation and efficiency.
- Provides Strategic Management team with appropriate status updates and high-risk items and provides potential business impact during client request evaluation.
- Serves as a point of contact for escalations within product and sales around client requests.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- BS/BA Degree Preferred
- Competencies in Google Docs, MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki, Smartsheets, and other related project management and standard communications tools is required
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus
- Experience with financial services is a plus
- Background and experience in Automotive a plus
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support cross-functionality project teams
- Ability to manage a fast-paced workload independently and add value to multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job and who can work effectively across departments and Cox Automotive entities
- Experience with a multitude of software development methodologies
- Up to 25% travel required.
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.