Coordinates and performs a wide variety of administrative activities to support department including reception, scheduling, registration and medical record keeping.
This is a casual (0.01 FTE) position supporting the needs of the team (leave, vacations, increased patient loads, etc.).
- Handles mailings, supply orders, and phone lists
- Provides department reception, admitting, and switchboard (performs all areas of patient registration, check in, obtain patient demographics, health information, insurance, verifies payers, and answers phone)
- Provides support for other department staff members
- Collects, tracks, and maintains information specific to the department, often of a confidential nature
- Schedules appointments as needed for patients
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned
- 2 years post-high school education/training in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 to 3 years experience in hospital setting or background in health care
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
Posting ID: 575212711Posted: 2020-10-20