Starting Wage: $11/hr*Position summary
- Building relationships across all departments
- Internal growth opportunities
- Teamwork oriented
- Dedicated to the well-being of employees and communities
- Emphasis on risk management and safety
: The Food Service Specialist is a front line position that effectively and professionally interacts and builds relationships with our customers. This position will be responsible for preparing foods, maintain a food safety and sanitation standard throughout the entire store. General Purpose
: To provide our customers with total satisfaction by offering competitively priced, high quality products and services in a clean, safe and friendly environment. To serve our community through volunteerism and produce a return on assets which will assure the future prosperity of our employees and our company. To be an ambassador of our "Living Brand" by building relationships with our customers. Role Qualifications
: Must be at least 18 years of age. Must pass all competency tests. Must have at least a High School diploma or equivalent. Position Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Builds Relationships
- Promotes Living Brand
- Serves as Product Brand Advocate
- Effectively operates all food service equipment
- Possess a thorough understanding of the menu and able to recommend items and answer any questions that customers may have
- Prepares food orders accurately and to specification ensuring recipe integrity at all times.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards during food preparation, service, and clean up.
- Maintains the sanitation of the food service area to include work area and equipment.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, standards, and specifications for all food being prepared.
- Accurately records all temperatures and complies with proper food handling procedures.
- Ability to stock shelves with inventory and product
Nonessential Skills and Experience
- Situational Awareness
- Strong customer orientation
- Time management; including multitasking, productivity, and a sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and highly effective communication skills
- Commitment to company mission and values
- Basic mathematical & computer proficiency
- Constructively deals with conflict
- Adaptability; flexibility and receptive to change
- Problem analysis & problem resolution at functional level
- Effective decision making based on sound judgment and reasoning
- Ability to read, write and understand English
Reporting To This Position
- 2-4 year college degree
- Previous retail experience
- Microsoft Office experience
: No direct reports Physical demands and work environment
*Training wage may take place during first 90 days $8.50
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for prolonged periods; work longer than eight (8) hour shifts, reach, climb, balance, stoop, mop, sweep, change garbage, kneel, crouch; talk and hear; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Work Environment: Must have flexibility to work all shifts, all days of the week, when necessary. Ability to tolerate extreme temperatures for minimum of 30 minute intervals. Exposure to cleaning solvents.
Key words: retail, convenience, cashier, clerk, attendant, customer service, representative, station, kitchen, food service, fast food, hiring immediately, operations, growth, internal growth, internal promotion, State of Indiana, McDonald's, Taco Bell, delivery driver, pizza, restaurant
Posting ID: 575213515Posted: 2020-10-20