Transcatheter Valve Advanced Practice Provider - Piedmont Heart Institute
Piedmont Heart Institute is currently recruiting for a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join the Transcatheter Valve
team in Atlanta, GA. This is a full time position. Key Responsibilities:
Ambulatory care responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Piedmont Benefits include:
- Assesses patient and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribes necessary treatment and services for quality patient care.
- Orders and schedules laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedure(s) to the patient, patient's family, and staff.
- Monitors progress of patients, reports progress to supervising physician, and maintains record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Participate in consultative, pre-procedure, post-procedure and follow-up office visits.
- Order and evaluate pre-procedure testing, perform History and Physical, obtain informed consent and educate patients prior to procedure.
- Participate in independent follow-up clinics.
- Take patient histories, conducts physical examinations, writes progress notes, prepares patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings, obtains psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assumes responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Monitor progress of patients, reports progress to supervising physician, and maintains record of each patient's progress, consulting with supervising physician when patient's progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
- Order and review diagnostic and therapeutic tests to assist in diagnosing type and severity of valvular heart disease and prescribes necessary medical therapy and formulates plan for intervention to discuss with the multidisciplinary Heart Team.
- May participate in Research by serving as a Primary Investigator or Sub- Investigator in clinical trials and registries.
- Takes patient histories, conducts physical examinations, and records the data in the patient's record.
- Perform follow up office visits after procedures, hospitalizations, surgeries, etc.
- Provide clinical expertise and serves as a resource for office clinical and support staff
Qualifications :Minimum Requirements:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Well-designed training program offered
- Relocation assistance offered
- CME allowance
- Quality, Service and Reputation
Graduate of a Physician Assistants program with current license for the Georgia State Composite Board
Graduate from a school of nursing with current Georgia license for Advanced Practice Nursing and a Master's degree in Nursing
Posting ID: 575215918Posted: 2020-10-20