What You Will Do
Assist and counsel hospice patients and families with health related financial, social and emotional concerns
according to the physician's orders.
- Provides social work services, under medical supervision, in accordance with the patient's Plan of Care.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the care center.
- Assists the physician and other members of the hospice team to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to terminally ill patients care.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life care and to help them follow hospice team recommendations to maximize the patient's quality of life.
- Counsels patients and families concerning financial concerns, life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, and care giving issues.
- Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist in maintaining independence and quality of life.
- Assists with the development of the Plan of Care with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), patient and family to deal with personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may interfere with quality
- of life at the end of life.
- Participates in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care progress records according to the Plan of Care with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation
- per agency policy.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Supervises staff assigned to the team and conducts performance evaluations of each.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Participates in the care center's quality improvement program.
- Provides in-service to other hospice agency personnel or external customers at least annually, when requested.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and
- Has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
Posting ID: 575217398Posted: 2020-10-20