Maintenance Technician (DEMATIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRED) 5 Below - Conroe Distribution Center/Warehouse - Conroe, TX 77303Summary:
Five Below is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for performing minor to major repairs to our conveyor system and on a variety of forklifts, battery-powered equipment (mainly Crown brand), and material-handling equipment. This position is also responsible contributing to the overall upkeep of the building, grounds and other equipment in a manner that minimizes interruptions to the operation.
Founded in 2002, Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) is a rapidly growing specialty value retailer offering a broad range of trend-right, high-quality merchandise targeted at the teen and pre-teen customer. Five Below offers a dynamic, edited assortment of exciting products, all priced at $5 and below, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a number of category worlds:Style, Room, Sports, Media, Crafts, Party, Candy and Seasonal (which we refer to as "Now"
). Five Below's dynamic assortment of merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body, candy, snacks and beverages, room dcor, stationery and school supplies, books, cell/tablet accessories, novelty and "gag" items, and seasonal items. Five Below believes it is transforming the shopping experience of its target demographic with a unique merchandising strategy and high-energy retail concept that their customers consider fun and exciting.
Five Below has reinvented the traditional five-and-dime for today's younger generation and has launched a new retail category. At Five Below, "Whatever You Got Will Buy A Lot."
As of 2012, Five Below exceeded $400 Million in sales and operated 244 stores in 18 states. They are planning to open approximately 60 new stores by the end of 2013, as they are experiencing tremendous success and growth. Their corporate offices are based in Center City Philadelphia. Maintenance Technician (DEMATIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
5 Below - Conroe Distribution Center/Warehouse - Conroe, TX 77303 Distribution Center/Warehouse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform maintenance functions, but not limited to:
Distribution Center/Warehouse Qualification Requirements:
- Troubleshoot, monitor and repair conveyor controls and systems
- Lubricate and perform preventive maintenance on STAND-UP REACH forklift equipment
- Trouble Shoot and repair electrical systems on power equipment
- Maintain electric charging equipment and makes minor repairs
- Change, charge and water batteries as required
- Remove and replace electric motors; adjust bearings and replaces brushes
- Conduct other troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service (scheduled, unscheduled) on plumbing, electrical and other mechanical related devices
- Consult with vendors to ensure satisfactory service levels and fair pricing
- Make recommendations for improving operation and solving maintenance related problems
- Working with automated controls; photo eyes, switches-limit, pressure, temperature, or flow, pneumatic solenoids and cylinders, Panel View parameters. Use of PLC controls.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Benefit Conditions:Pay Frequency:Company's Facebook page:Schedule:
- Must have 3 years of experience working with forklifts, man lifts, battery charges and conveyor systems.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery-powered, material-handling equipment
- Required to have strong knowledge and understanding of DEMATIC sortation systems, approaching subject matter expert level.
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical and electronic principles, modern practices, materials, and tools used in the trade
- Must have experience exercising safe practices relative to low-voltage electrical systems and mechanical equipment
- Must have the ability to operate grinders, drill presses, air compressors, hoists, cranes, parts cleaning equipment, and modern test equipment
- Maintain a clean & orderly work environment
- Must be able to respond quickly and effectively to issues in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in exposed temperatures (cold in winter and hot in summer)
- Ability to lift to 70 pounds
- Ability to remain on feet for entire shift (Monday through Friday, 6:00AM - 2:30PM)
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Additional Compensation:This Job Is:
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Work Location:Posting Number:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Ship Center TX
950 Conroe Park West Drive
Conroe, TX 77303Position: