This entry-level position will be responsible for the operation, preparation, and support of functional casing performance testing to support existing and new product development for all casing products. This is a critical function and necessary to support the sales and development of new technologies to meet the present and emerging needs of current and new customers. (Location: Burr Ridge, IL) - This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Hands-On technical support for routine Food Lab testing including assembly, disassembly, set up, repair, and operation of equipment such as NL linker stuffing machine, meat pump, clipper, chopper, mixer, bandsaw, peeler, tumbler, and cooking systems (Alkar and Jordan).
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing soiled or used Food Lab equipment (as above), and ensure that equipment is clean, in working order, and will operate in a safe manner.
- Assist in routine equipment maintenance – preventative and repairs
- Assist in Food Lab related product testing including weighing/measuring of spice and meat formulation accurately and to record required data for test reporting
- Maintain and organize an inventory of spices and meats, and manages wastes generated during each trial – ensure proper and timely disposal
- Assisting in data collection and analysis of raw data obtained in conjunction with Food Lab trials (note: role will not be responsible for test report preparation; however, may assist with data formatting and simple analyses)
- Assisting in routine meat product testing and analyses such as color, weight loss, peeling, shelf stability, etc.
- High school diploma or associate degree in a relevant technical field (desired: skilled operator/group leader/production supervisor that has “hands-on” work experience in meatpacker, able to handle large industrial meat processing equipment such bowl chopper, grinder, saw, and stuffing equipment).
- 0 -3+ year of experience working in a meatpacker environment, a plus
- Proficiency in or willingness/ability to learn MS Office products– MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communication skills – English fluency required, foreign language (especially Spanish, French, German, or Polish) a bonus
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers
- Ownership and accountability for daily work
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency, and high energy
- Be flexible when there is a “rush” request
- Provide clear and accurate results and reports
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
Viskase Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 575323490Posted: 2020-10-22