DESIGN & SERVICE CENTER MANAGER Title:
Design & Service Center Manager Reports To:
Design & Service Center District Manager Basic Function:
Plans and directs the day-to-day operations of their assigned Design & Service Center. Develops strategies to improve Guest experience, increase Design & Service Center margins and increase profitability. Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of all Design & Service Center jobs in accordance with quality standards and at the lowest possible cost with the highest quality. Responsible for making sure the Guest's jewelry needs are exceeded, complaints are resolved and repair service is quick and efficient. Responsible for making sure all work stations/areas are clean and organized to maximize Guest confidence.
Forecasts staffing needs and develops a recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas. Recruits, hires and trains staff, evaluates Team Member performance and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers and disciplinary action. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists Team Members in solving work problems. Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of Information Security Privacy Awareness Quiz with passing score
- Completion of Safety First Quiz with a passing score
- No Code of Conduct written counseling within the past six months
- Meets all expectations (Akron-based Team Members) or Achieved Requirements (Dallas-based Team Members) on last Performance Appraisal
- Completion of Minimum Training Requirements training module (Found on Signet Learning Portal) and completion of the Minimum Training Requirements Quiz with a passing score
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and uphold Human Resources and Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures.
- Recruit Design & Service Center Team Members utilizing the Talent Acquisition Guide.
- Train all Design & Service Center Team Members in their areas of responsibility and cross-train other general areas utilizing the training toolbox cards.
- Coach Design & Service Center Team Members to improve their performance.
- Write and conduct Performance Appraisals semi-annually.
- When applicable, counsel Team Members to improve their performance or modify current behaviors.
- Hold two Design & Service Center meetings monthly.
- Oversee that all Team Members complete safety training, quizzes and training modules.
- Conduct safety committee meetings and checklist when requested.
- Conduct monthly One-on-Ones with all Design & Service Center Team Members.
- Monitor Jewelers' production numbers.
- Manage the daily functions of the Design & Service Center.
- Distribute required Design & Service Center supply items necessary to complete repairs.
- Prioritize rush jobs and special orders.
- Oversee daily billing and shipping.
- Maintain control of access to the Design & Service Center by non-Design & Service Center Team Members.
- Make sure all Design & Service Center jobs/supplies are secure from theft on a nightly basis.
- Check status of back-ordered items.
- Review stock and maintain basic inventory levels of parts, stones and supplies.
- Document specific reoccurring problems with Stores, merchandise or Design & Service Center functions to the District Manager.
- Monitor Design & Service Center volume and review any problems with District Manager.
- Match invoices to AP Detail and inter-store transfers. Notify District Manager of any outstanding invoices.
- Review Design & Service Center performance with District Manager weekly.
- Report weekly figures to the District Manager at the end of each week.
- Make sure all Team Members utilize the Schedules and Timecard System per policies and procedures.
- Maintain security of all repair work in the Design & Service Center.
- Review payroll hours entered daily and make corrections as needed.
- Review and update Capacity Reporting Tool.
- Make sure Custom Design Job Manager is utilized and custom processes are followed properly.
- Read and interpret the Design & Service Center Gross Margin Report. Utilize during monthly communication with Stores.
- Utilize and maintain the Design & Service Center work flow process as outlined in the New Hire Training Packet.
- Follow corporate shipping policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures for shipping to an outside vendor.
- Use Signet Repair Service to email daily.
- Explain the Safety Data Sheet Rules to new Design & Service Center Team Members. Maintain updated SDS book.
- Follow all Scrap, Dirt, and Sludge Tank policy and procedures for processing.
- Receive and verify supply orders.
- Know when and how to use Incident Reports.
- Follow all Signet Repair Service policies and procedures as outlined in the New Hire Training Packet.
- Review morning report daily.
- Correct reporting of all inventory levels while following corporate procedures.
- Complete and maintain all Matrix tasks.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential Function of this job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Quality Control procedures on every job prior to delivery to Stores. Utilize the 5-step Q.C. Process.
- Provide estimates back to Stores via Signet Repair Service within one day of job receipt. The Number of days and estimated cost for each job must be communicated to the Store.
- Deliver repairs to Stores one day prior to Guest promise date.
- Any repair that will not meet the delivery date originally promised to the Guest must be communicated as soon as possible; but at least one day prior to Store delivery date, two days prior to Guest delivery date. Update in the Signet Repair Service
- Keep promises made and only make promises that can be kept.
- Every Design & Service Center Manager will call or meet with each General Manager once a month to discuss: Sales, Margins, Quality and On-Time Delivery. Complete monthly communication form for each Store.
- It is the Design & Service Center's responsibility to make every effort to meet the Store's needs and offer solutions to any problem.
- Know and exhibit the Core Values.
- Attend local Store meetings and visit Stores when possible.
- Treat all Store Team Members with respect.
- Must attend the Corporate Mangers' Leadership Conference.
- Physical Demands
- Must perform administrative and jewelry tasks in a sitting down position for an extended period.
- Repetitive movements.
- Lifting of boxes and/or files of weights less than 25 lbs.
- Consistent, regular scheduled attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Minimum of 45 hours worked per week. Peak selling seasons such as Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Guest Appreciation Events will require a higher level of minimum hours.
- Environmental Elements
- Working Conditions
Signet Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of all levels of employees. Please know that while we appreciate every applicant's interest, we can only contact those selected for further consideration.
Signet maintains an online registry system to encourage all interested employees to apply for careers in the management positions listed in this registry, and to ensure equal opportunities for advancement to all Signet employees. We particularly encourage women and minorities who are interested in management opportunities at Signet to participate in this program and use this online registry system to express your interest in a management position. Registration in this online system does not guarantee a promotion, but is necessary for consideration for any promotional opportunity to a management position listed in this registry.
Posting ID: 575434329Posted: 2020-09-23