Urgent Care Front Desk Receptionist
PromptMed Urgent Care (www.MyPromptMed.com) is currently seeking Front Desk Receptionists (FDR) in the company’s brand new urgent care center located in Antioch, Illinois. The FDR will typically work 4 scheduled shifts a week, rotating 12, 8 and 6-hour shifts among FDRs (including a fair share of evening, weekend and holiday shifts). This opportunity affords working in a brand new, fully-equipped urgent care medical facility.
PromptMed Urgent Care is a premier, fast-growing independent operator of neighborhood walk-in medical clinics located in Lake County, IL (current locations in Antioch & Waukegan). PromptMed delivers high-quality, timely and affordable care in a convenient setting for those seeking immediate medical treatment for sudden illness or injury. The Company operates a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art licensed medical facility, utilizing the latest procedures and technologies, and is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-8:00pm, and Saturday/Sunday from 9:00am-5:00pm, 363 days/year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients in a professional and courteous manner both in person and over the phone.
- Clearly explain what is needed at the time of check-in such as completion of required paperwork.
- Clearly explain what is needed at the time of check-out such as follow up paperwork, out of pocket expenses, co-pays or balances.
- Verify insurance and patient contact information is accurate prior to patient being seen by the provider.
- Verify, update, and scan pertinent insurance and personal information, such as driver’s license or ID, insurance card and other required documents.
- Accurately enter patient information data into the computer system.
- Reconcile all payment transactions (cash, credit card and checks) at end of each day and provide to a manager for approval.
- Prepare intake packets for patients.
- Monitor drug screen results for patients, distribute to employer or patient and research any missing results.
- Complete accurate charge entry based on the medical records for self pay patients and collect payment at the time of service.
- Assist patients with questions and get assistance from others as needed.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure confidentiality is maintained in compliance with office procedures and regulatory agencies.
- If patient in the waiting room shows life threatening symptoms, alert a provider immediately.
- Keep waiting areas clean and orderly.
- Maintain coffee bar and refreshment area, ensuring that the area is well stocked, fresh and clean.
- Must work early and late shifts as needed and self-coordinate for any absences.
- Maintain adequate supply of patient forms including medical release forms, HIPAA compliance etc.
- Assist in cleaning and prepping exam rooms as needed.
- Clean the lobby bathroom daily.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years experience in any customer service/relations position preferred.
- Excellent people skills and a positive attitude/personality.
- Maintain an excellent work ethic and be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually with little supervision and instruction.
- Sense of urgency in addressing patients and working with staff within all areas of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously collaborate with patients and families, management, clinical staff and physicians.
- Knowledge of computer functions and ability to navigate electronic medical record system.
- Organizational skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive patient and employer information.
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English, both verbally and written.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
For full-time providers, we offer:
- Competitive hourly wage with perks and bonuses;
- Generous and robust benefits package, including: medical, dental and vision insurance; employer-paid life and personal accident insurance; 401(k) retirement plan (available to employees after one full year of service); education assistance; and vacation/paid time off (PTO);
- Opportunity for continued growth as we expand.
Note: We are a NON-SMOKING facility! We drug screen, fingerprint background check with national law enforcement agencies, verify all references and complete employment history.
Posting ID: 575778265Posted: 2020-10-19