Come and join one of the nation’s leading mortgage companies that believe in great customer service and a team oriented and supportive work culture! We are looking for an experienced Mortgage Closer with great attention to detail and the ability to build strong relationships. Competitive salary and bonuses. Remote Position / Texas.
Prepare and submit loan closing packages and supporting documents for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond and Jumbo loans. Ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance of submissions in accordance with investor guidelines and applicable regulations, insurer and/or guarantor requirements. Verify new construction documentation and exhibits; verify documentation required to perfect title, and ensure Powers of Attorney documents are compliant.
- Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws, regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or local ordinances.
- Review Processor input and confirm payees and zero tolerance fees with Settlement Agent.
- Make appropriate adjustments and approve in system; notify Processor.
- Forward Closing Disclosure to Settlement agent for review and approval.
- Review preliminary title reports to identify excluded items and necessary endorsements.
- Communicate loan program requirements to Processors and/or Loan Officers necessary at closing, and provide status updates.
- Obtain all outstanding conditions to ensure timely closing and closing of the loan.
- Draw closing documents, issue closing funds and review closed loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation.
- Review and verify the accuracy of the final closing statements prior to closing to ensure compliance with Company, Investor, and Conventional regulations and requirements. Reconcile final figures to calculate wire amount and balance with settlement agent.
- Verify loan closing package complies with insurer and/or guarantor requirements and documentation.
- Prepare, send collateral package within Company timeframes to warehouse bank and submit banking package to Finance in accordance with required timelines.
- Complete comparison check of Final SASS against Final Closing Disclosure; notate any discrepancies in system comments.
- Scan and archive file within Company timeframes, to ensure timely delivery of loan files to investors.
- Promptly obtain documentation requested by investors or insuring/guaranty post-closing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes five or more years’ experience closing and closing Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond, Jumbo, and new construction loans, with at least three years experience closing FHA, VA, USDA, new construction documentation. Prior work experience may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow Company.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers, production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and external partners.
- Expert level knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and control, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans.
- Expert level knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans, including various product/program guidelines, necessary conditions and investor specific guidelines for closing.
- Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification of employment, CD, settlement statement etc.).
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers and work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 575783569Posted: 2020-10-19