Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter's Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter's core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you'll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Part Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
- Continuing Education
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
Responsibilities Job ID SCAH-2015321 Date Posted 10/20/2020 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift Part Time/ Evening
The Team Nurse provides skilled nursing services specific to the needs of the patient, including instruction and evaluation in the home, to a designated group of patients under physician direction in alignment with SCAH, mission, goals and objectives. The Team Nurse is accountable to the Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS) for ensuring that the plan of care is implemented following professional standards of care and agency specific protocols. The RN team nurse is responsible for supervision of Home Health Aides, including following the HHA Plan of Care.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor's in nursing or health related field preferred.
Licensures and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse - California State Licensure - RN Required.
- Driver License, Valid and in State - Required.
- Automobile Insurance - Required.
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of one year of experience in an acute care setting required.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five years required.
- One year of experience in a home health or hospice position preferred.
- Participation in a training program for Hospice volunteers or coursework in death and dying/hospice care is preferred.
Organization: Sutter Care at Home
- Must have the ability to function independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team; ability to exercise independent, sound nursing judgment in planning and providing patient care.
- Exhibits knowledge of patho-physiology and accepted treatment protocols for common home care diagnoses.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control principles.
- Knowledge of state and federal home care regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to recognize the special needs of Hospice patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, caring manner.
- Ability to maintain harmonious constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of palliative care for the terminally ill patient.
- Must be able to recognize unsafe or emergency situations and act appropriately.
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications.
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet Sutter VNA & Hospice core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate. Clinical competence is evaluated by review during joint visits in the clinical practice setting.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Posting ID: 575789562Posted: 2020-10-22