Overview SUMMARY: Berry Global
(NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important! PURPOSE:
Inspect and pack printed parts.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide inspection and packing activity in the Printing Department
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Collect and inspect trend board samples at specified times throughout the shift
- Input data into shop floor
- Visually check quality of print against approved sample; (check if light or dark, check if off-center, check if faded or missing print, check molding parts for shorts, flash, strings, grease, etc.)
- Pack parts and verify count is correct
- Sort through start-up
- Clear unload and in-feed jams
- Clean up around machine when order is complete or any time press is down
- Load product into lid and cup printers
- Perform tape test
- Check bar code count to make sure job is complete
- Break printer inspector/packer for change over
- Application of printed label to box
- Maintain appropriate speed assigned each press
- Help material handlers as needed
- Check in on down time with the supervisor - Daily
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMP's) and (HACCP) Practices.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or department manager
- Fill out Traveler information for production records and reports - Daily
- Fill out Traceability and Accountability Log Sheets - Daily
- Must Keep track of all Labels - Daily
- Must Apply Scrap Labels on Scrap Totes to Send (Machine Scrap) on Conveyor System.
- Must Know the Quality Policy and apply it to working practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and help others as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions a
Posting ID: 575790648Posted: 2020-10-15