You can make a difference in people's lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you'll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
As a Patient Authorization Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-encountering and pre-registering patients as well as providing registration support to patients, clinic staff, and managers
- Verifying insurance and enter insurance benefits information into the CareConnect system prior to appointments
- Determining co-pays and deductibles; confirming and obtaining appropriate insurance authorization
- Informing patients of their financial responsibility
- Answering a busy phone system
- Delivering exceptional customer service to patients, faculty, staff, vendors, insurance company representatives, and registration representatives
Note: This posted position is 1 of 11 positions available for hire. All applicants will apply through this requisition and if selected will be hired into one of the available positions.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
We're seeking a flexible, customer-focused, detail-oriented individual with:
- Experience with pharmaceutical/medical insurance verification and authorization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of third-party payor verification terminology
- Background with relevant state and federal programs, including Medicare, Medi-Cal, and CCS programs
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and CareConnect system
- Experience with medical office procedures, including scheduling appointments
Posting ID: 575793159Posted: 2020-09-24