Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. Roles and responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience OR Master's degree and 0 years of experience; 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture.
• Currently Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
• Server management experience
• Windows domain architecture experience
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
• Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
• VMWare experience with current version
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
• Rudimentary Scripting
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.