At Sunrun, we know there is a better way. By generating and storing energy in our homes, we can share power across neighborhoods and our entire energy system. We have been building this future for over a decade, and every year it grows brighter. Now is the time to make your own energy. Share it with your neighbors. Build a clean, affordable, reliable future for the whole nation. Sunrun is the #1 residential solar company in the US. We revolutionized the solar industry in the United States, powering the homes of hundreds of thousands of solar customers with renewable energy.
We are looking for a talented Area Sales Manager to join our high performing Channel Partner Sales team to lead a team of accounts and portfolio professionals managing the Eastern United States. This position reports to the Director, Channel Partner Sales and is accountable for the health and commercial performance of Sunrun's regional Channel Partners.
You will be given a high level of responsibility and autonomy to create success. Our team culture encourages you to develop innovative solutions to problems while offering you the opportunity to engage with our industry-leading partners. You'll be joining a highly-collaborative team that embraces best practices and is focused on developing relationships with our channel partners that deliver unmatched professionalism and irreplaceable value.
- You will lead the development and growth of many of Sunrun's valued existing and emerging Channel Partners throughout the Eastern United States. You value our team, our partners and our customers from a human-centered focus on empathy and respect for various perspectives and backgrounds. You will collaborate with Sunrun senior leadership and an extensive number of internal, cross-functional parties to define business plans for the western market including products, profitability, technology, and growth while ensuring alignment across departments and functions.
- You are capable of accurately forecasting on weekly, monthly and quarterly intervals by incorporating and analyzing historical sales data, competitive and general market data, resulting in the achievement of sales and installations goals. Your impact will be measured by your ability to grow Sunrun's channel partner business through the addition of new partners, market expansion, strategic planning, problem-solving and effective communication.
- You are confident and extremely adept at working with and influencing C-level management, delivering presentations and motivating key stakeholders both internally and externally with courage . You are capable of harvesting new relationships, developing existing and possess the talent to influence high performing sales teams while standing up when you see actions inconsistent with our values.
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented with acute attention to detail and organization. You possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently through effective time management and deliver on commitments with integrity . You are succinct, able to distill complicated materials articulated verbally or written by understanding your varying audiences.
- You will be expected to overcome integration challenges and find new paths forward to enable growth through passion and innovation. If you are told no, you ask again, differently.
- You embrace curiosity and a will to learn. You are comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment and seek creative solutions to business process refinement to enhance partnership value and strive for irreplaceable ease of conducting profitable business with Sunrun. You utilize data sets to form conclusions and create action.
- BS/BA degree
- 5-7 years of related sales and large account management experience (3+ of those years of experience in selling via indirect channels such as authorized dealers and distributors)
- 3+ years of experience managing a high performing outside sales team with a multi state footprint
- Possess an understanding of business and financial economics with a demonstrated ability to assess a partner's business and jointly develop successful strategies that positively impact all aspects of the partner's P&L
- Knowledge of & experience in a broad spectrum of sales methodologies and practices
- Experience in managing a portfolio of customers to achieve revenue and share objectives
- Ability to be successful in an ambiguous environment inclusive of continuous improvements and stretch targets
- Ability to analyze information and data, draw conclusions and develop key insights. Most specifically the ability to structure problems and identify solutions/deliverables.
- Proven ability to direct and inspire individual sales contributors to exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Must be able to travel regularly with Regional Sales Managers within designated regions and to Sunrun's headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- Enjoys the challenge of disrupting a big industry
- Be able to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions, operate office equipment and determine the accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to perform normal office duties.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine the accuracy of work.
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.